Lavender has long been celebrated for its calming and relaxing properties and soothing scent. It comes from, you guessed it, the lavender plant, an evergreen shrub with clumps of beautiful purple flowers. It is originally native to northern Africa but today it is grown throughout Europe, North America and Australia. The benefits of lavender oil for relaxation are well known, and today we’ve got a few tips to help you take advantage.
Lavender has a pretty impressive history. It has been used for over 2,500 years by various civilizations. Ancient Persians, Greeks, and Romans added the flowers to their bathwater to help wash and purify their skin. Egyptians used lavender as a perfume and during the mummification process. Later, in Medieval Europe, it was used as a natural disinfectant and deodorant, scatted throughout the rushes on floors. Here are a few tips on how to use it today.
- To calm anxiety, apply lavender oil to the temples or forehead to relieve stress.
- To fight fatigue, add a few drops to a warm foot bath and let your feet soak.
- In the shower, add a few drops to your shampoo and wash as normal.
- Place a few drops on a tissue or handkerchief and inhale whenever you are feeling anxious.
- Nervous flyer? Rub some lavender oil on the soles of your feet, your wrists and your temples for an immediate calming effect.
- To help improve sleep, place a few drops on a cloth or tissue and place under your pillow.
- Use lavender oil in a diffuser anywhere in the house to help create a calming environment.
- Add some lavender to the bath and soak before getting into bed.
- Rub a few drops of the oil into your palms, then cup your hands and breathe in the calming scent.
The benefits of lavender oil for calming and balancing the mind are well known simply because it works!
Lavender oil is considered the most versatile oil. Not only is it the perfect natural relaxation tool, it is also great for all-natural cleaning, for natural healing of cuts and scrapes, for natural soothing of insect bites, even for natural dandruff relief.
Thursday Plantation has you covered. Stock up on lavender oil to get the benefits today.