When was the last time you cleaned out your medicine cabinet? If you haven’t looked at it in a while, it is probably filled with items that are past their expiry date, and it’s time to do a clean out and update. This week, to help make the process easier – and a little more natural – we’ve got a list of essential oils for your first aid kit – oils that will cover almost everything!
Essential oils are well known for their various healing properties, and so it should come as no surprise that such oils are becoming popular in first aid kits. Here is a list of our favourites and what to use them for!
Tea tree oil
- Why it works: Tea tree oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-viral.
- What can it be used for: Tea tree oil is good for skin irritations, bug bites, athlete’s foot, eczema and psoriasis. It relieves and treats cold sores and dandruff. You can also use it to treat toenail fungus and ringworm, and it is good for minor cuts and scrapes, burns, and blisters.
- Why it works: Lavender oil is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal.
- What can it be used for: Lavender is good for treating burns and cuts, relieving insomnia, reducing stress and anxiety and is a powerful antihistamine. Use it for bug bites or stings, hives, bruises, allergies, inflammation, sunburns, skin irritations, even earaches. It is also great as a natural sleep aid.
- Why it works: Eucalyptus oil is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antiseptic.
- What can it be used for: Eucalyptus oil opens airways so it is good for cold relief, chest and sinus congestion. It is also good for fevers, upset stomachs and allergy relief. You can use it for treating the swelling of respiratory tract mucous membranes, coughs, bronchitis, sinus pain and inflammation, asthma and respiratory infections.
- Why it works: Peppermint oil is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- What can it be used for: Peppermint oil is good for nausea and digestive issues, allergies, menstrual problems, fever. It is great for headaches, colds, colic, and heartburn. Use it to relieve muscular aches, pains, sprains and strains.
Stock that first aid kit with essential oils and get rid of the chemical-based products.
At Thursday Plantation, our essential oils are of the highest quality, 100% pure.
Get natural healing today at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.