The kids are home for March Break – yay! More quality family time, a break for them, and potentially a relaxing vacation. Except it isn’t always that serene. An uninterrupted week of family time can mean travel, more fighting among the children, and more stress for you.
Don’t let tension ruin a week of potential memory making. Essential oils for stress relief can help you get back to being the parent who appreciates any and all time spent with their family. Here’s how:
- Keep Your House Purified for Less Stress
You know what makes stress among adults and children even worse? Sickness. A bad cold or virus can make even the most mild-mannered person snappish and irritable. Especially if you’re planning on travelling for March Break, make sure your family is prepared by purifying the air in your house and disinfecting surfaces, especially things like doorknobs and TV remotes. We like using eucalyptus essential oil, which is naturally antimicrobial.
- Help Children Stay Calm During Travel
Using essential oils for stress relief isn’t just a grown-up thing. If you’re going on a long plane or car ride and the little ones are acting up, a calming essential oil may be just the thing to help. A drop or two of lavender essential oil (known for its soothing effects) can be put on the car mats. You can also mix it with a carrier oil and rub it onto hands or feet for even more calming relief and sleep help. If you’re doing this, remember to dilute the essential oil well as children’s skin is more sensitive: http://thursdayplantationcanada.ca/essential-oil-uses-for-kids.
- Stay Refreshed
While putting the kids to sleep during a long car ride may be ideal, you still need to stay awake. Peppermint essential oil is refreshing enough that it can provide a quick pick-me-up. Even something as simple as opening the bottle and breathing it in could give you a caffeine-free perk.
- Deodorize a Hotel Room
You know how hotel rooms just never smell like home? You can change that with your trust essential oils. A few drops of your favourite scent — especially a purifying blend such as eucalyptus essential oil — will take away strange smells and help you feel less stressed instantly.
- Relax at Home
Even if you’re not travelling for March Break, essential oils for stress relief are still a great idea for a staycation. With the kids home, it may be tempting to spend every waking moment together as a family, but don’t forget to take some time out for yourself. Whether it’s having your essential oils diffuser running in the background or taking time out in the evening for a soothing soak in the tub with a few drops of lavender essential oil sprinkled in, you’ll be a more patient parent for having done so.
Remember, a March Break vacation with your kids — whether you’re travelling or staying at home — is time you can’t get back. It’s natural for even the calmest parent to feel frazzled and on edge, especially if you’re cooped up inside or going for a long car ride. Luckily, essential oils for stress relief can provide you with the tools you need to continue appreciating this family time and enjoy the break with your loved ones.
Thursday Plantation Canada has all the essential oils for stress relief you need. Our high-quality essential oils are 100% pure and 100% natural.
See them all at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.
There are so many different ways to use essential oils that we sometimes forget about the many things to keep in mind when you’re using them. These fabulous natural liquids are great for health, beauty, natural cleaning, even cooking – and so this week we’re getting back to basics with those things to remember when you’re getting ready to take advantage.
- A little goes a long way. We mentioned essential oils are powerful, and we meant it. The size of the bottles should allude to that fact. For things like cleaning, a natural floor cleaning recipe for example, 10-12 drops will often be enough for a full bucket of water. That should be enough to do your whole house (depending on the size, of course). For cooking with edible oils like peppermint, too much can quickly ruin the taste of a dish, so think less is more and taste test before adding more. The same goes for using essential oils in a diffuser; too much, and the smell will be overpowering!
- Different people react differently to different oils. When using essential oils for health and beauty – tea tree oil for acne for example – always do a test to make sure that your skin won’t react to it. Do this by dabbing a tiny amount of the essential oil directly on your inner forearm, leave for a few hours, then revisit.
- Dilution depends on various factors. When you’re using a recipe, for whatever, that says to dilute the oil, the amount you need to dilute the oil by can depend on various factors. Age, skin type, even the oil itself are all common ones. We’ve broken down dilution before – you can check out that blog here to get a better idea: http://thursdayplantationcanada.ca/essential-oil-dilution-the-whys-and-whens/.
- Quality matters. Never buy essential oils based on the price. For oils to work as well as they should, they need to be of the highest quality. This means they’ve been through an established testing process to make sure they meet international standards. Also make sure that they are 100% pure – you don’t want any additives or preservatives. You can read more on this here: https://www.abundancenaturally.com/question-quality-quality-essential-oils-important/.
- Storage matters. Essential oils have a long shelf life, and the best brands will have an expiry date and use dark, amber-coloured glass bottles. That being said, you want to store them properly to make them last. Keep them in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight.
Essential oils are amazing – just be sure you’re using them correctly to get the best results!
At Thursday Plantation, we have the highest quality essential oils that make it easy to take advantage of everything these wonders have to offer. Find out more at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.