Tea tree oil is well-known as a powerful natural acne fighter, and this week we thought we’d change it up a bit with a few different DIY methods for using this amazing essential oil to say bye-bye to blemishes!
Tea tree oil works for acne because it contains terpinen-4, an antimicrobial agent which destroys the bacteria that causes acne. Its powerful antiseptic and antifungal properties don’t hurt either. Together these make it the perfect alternative to those other chemical-filled options. Additionally, instead of stripping those oils from your skin as the chemical treatments do, tea tree oil helps to balance skin’s natural oil production. It penetrates deep into the skin to unblock the sebaceous glands, disinfect pores, and dry out blemishes.
Tea Tree Oil Acne Treatments
- One of the best ways to add tea tree oil to your acne-fighting routine is by adding it to your regular cleanser and moisturizer. Simply add 2-6 drops to your favourite products and use as you normally would.
- For a natural spot treatment, place a few drops of tea tree oil onto a damp cotton ball (to dilute the tea tree oil), then gently dab onto pimples or spots. This will help to reduce redness and swelling and clear up the blemishes.
- Another great way to open up those pores and loosen the bacteria, allowing your cleaner to strip it away, is with a tea tree oil stream. Start by boiling a pot of water and pouring the water into a large bowl. Add 5 drops of tea tree oil into the bowl and blend. Drape a towel over your head and lean into the steam for 5 minutes. Repeat on a weekly basis.
- For a great soothing recipe, mix a few drops of tea tree oil and two teaspoons aloe vera gel and apply to the affected areas of your face before bed. In the morning, rinse with water and pat dry.
- For breakouts, mix equal portions of grape seed and jojoba oils and then add a few drops of tea tree oil in a small bowl. Spread the oil mask all over your face, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse.
When it comes to natural acne fighters, tea tree oil packs a powerful punch, and these simple DIY acne treatment recipes are really effective.
Want to ditch those harsh chemicals and start taking advantage of the benefits of tea tree oil for acne? Thursday Plantation Canada has you covered.
Find out more by visiting www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca today.