Winter boots are great for staying warm — but not so great for keeping your feet smelling fresh. Lucky for you, we have your stinky feet remedy: essential oils.
Thursday Plantation Canada user Sidonia uses tea tree essential oil as her stinky feet remedy.
“I always pour a capful into the bath when I have my shower,” Sidonia says. “It helps when you have your shower head above the bath tub! Doing this keeps my feet free from any fungal infections on my nails and also smelling great. Thank you.”
Sidonia is making the perfect choice. Tea tree oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral and great for natural skin care. It can also help cure athlete’s foot.
Replace foot sprays with toxic chemicals. Lavender essential oil smells great and can take the stink away. You can turn it into a spray and spritz it on your feet or inside your boots.
For deodorizing and destressing, try making a foot soak. Fill a foot tub (or your bath tub) with hot water, then mix in ½ cup of Epsom salts with 10 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Stir until dissolved. Add ¼ cup of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and soak away! Try soaking for 15 minutes up to three times a week.
Make a foot power with baking soda. Get a cheese shaker and fill it with baking soda. Add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil, 10 drops of lavender essential oil, and 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Mix well and shake into your shoes. Leave it in overnight and then in the morning, dust the powder off. Your shoes have never smelled better!
Other tips that can help:
- Rub a couple drops of lavender essential oil into your feet before bed and sleep in socks.
- Peppermint oil can help provide relief to inflammation caused by athlete’s foot.
- Lavender oil can help provide relaxation, improve stress relief, and help with skin conditions caused by athlete’s foot.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is antibacterial. It can help to hydrate and replenish skin when fighting athlete’s foot.
- If your boots have removable inserts, soak the inserts in vinegar, hot water, and add a few drops of essential oil.
Essential oils are the stinky feet remedy you’ve been waiting for. Your skin and home will smell great, and you’ll feel great as a result.
Thursday Plantation Canada is your source for high-quality essential oils. Find out more at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.