Back to school can be stressful: having to wake up early for class, homework, plus all the other stressors that come with the end of summer holidays. If you deal with acne on a regular basis, you can add that to the list. However, we’ve got some tips for back to school-ready skin to help make things a little easier – including using tea tree oil for acne.
Tea tree oil for acne is a great natural alternative to those harsh, chemical-filled cleansers many rely on for clear skin. It works as well as these cleansers – but you don’t have to worry about any nasty side-effects! Here are a few tips on how to use it:
- Spot treatment – dab some tea tree oil on a cotton swab or cotton ball and apply it to your face wherever you have problem areas. Don’t rinse.
- Toner – mix four drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water, put some on a cotton pad and go over your face and neck after cleansing. Store it in a glass jar and shake well before each use.
- Moisturizer – in a small, airtight container, combine 10 drops of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply at night to clean skin and rinse it off in the morning. Store it in a cool, dark place.
- Face mask – once a week, mix four drops of tea tree oil with an egg white. Whisk it together and apply it to a clean face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse well. Save it for the weekend and relax and de-stress while you’re waiting for it to dry.
Here are some other tips to help in your quest for clear skin:
- Get enough sleep. The odd all-nighter may be unavoidable, but don’t try and overdo it – this will show on your skin!
- Drink lots of water.
- Wear your sunscreen!
- Keep your face moisturized. If the natural oils in your skin are stripped (often the result of harsh astringents or cleansers), it will work to produce more oil, thus leading to pimples.
- Make sure you’re washing the day’s makeup from your skin every night before bed (or even better, whenever you get home).
- Change your pillowcase often.
Show your best face to the world. Use these back to school-ready skincare tips for beautiful skin, no matter the stress in your life!
Find 100% pure tea tree oil from Thursday Plantation at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.