Back to school can be stressful: having to wake up early for class, homework, plus all the other stressors that come with the end of summer holidays. If you deal with acne on a regular basis, you can add that to the list. However, we’ve got some tips for back to school-ready skin to help make things a little easier – including using tea tree oil for acne.
Tea tree oil for acne is a great natural alternative to those harsh, chemical-filled cleansers many rely on for clear skin. It works as well as these cleansers – but you don’t have to worry about any nasty side-effects! Here are a few tips on how to use it:
- Spot treatment – dab some tea tree oil on a cotton swab or cotton ball and apply it to your face wherever you have problem areas. Don’t rinse.
- Toner – mix four drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water, put some on a cotton pad and go over your face and neck after cleansing. Store it in a glass jar and shake well before each use.
- Moisturizer – in a small, airtight container, combine 10 drops of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply at night to clean skin and rinse it off in the morning. Store it in a cool, dark place.
- Face mask – once a week, mix four drops of tea tree oil with an egg white. Whisk it together and apply it to a clean face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse well. Save it for the weekend and relax and de-stress while you’re waiting for it to dry.
Here are some other tips to help in your quest for clear skin:
- Get enough sleep. The odd all-nighter may be unavoidable, but don’t try and overdo it – this will show on your skin!
- Drink lots of water.
- Wear your sunscreen!
- Keep your face moisturized. If the natural oils in your skin are stripped (often the result of harsh astringents or cleansers), it will work to produce more oil, thus leading to pimples.
- Make sure you’re washing the day’s makeup from your skin every night before bed (or even better, whenever you get home).
- Change your pillowcase often.
Show your best face to the world. Use these back to school-ready skincare tips for beautiful skin, no matter the stress in your life!
Find 100% pure tea tree oil from Thursday Plantation at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.
There are so many different ways to use essential oils that we sometimes forget about the many things to keep in mind when you’re using them. These fabulous natural liquids are great for health, beauty, natural cleaning, even cooking – and so this week we’re getting back to basics with those things to remember when you’re getting ready to take advantage.
- A little goes a long way. We mentioned essential oils are powerful, and we meant it. The size of the bottles should allude to that fact. For things like cleaning, a natural floor cleaning recipe for example, 10-12 drops will often be enough for a full bucket of water. That should be enough to do your whole house (depending on the size, of course). For cooking with edible oils like peppermint, too much can quickly ruin the taste of a dish, so think less is more and taste test before adding more. The same goes for using essential oils in a diffuser; too much, and the smell will be overpowering!
- Different people react differently to different oils. When using essential oils for health and beauty – tea tree oil for acne for example – always do a test to make sure that your skin won’t react to it. Do this by dabbing a tiny amount of the essential oil directly on your inner forearm, leave for a few hours, then revisit.
- Dilution depends on various factors. When you’re using a recipe, for whatever, that says to dilute the oil, the amount you need to dilute the oil by can depend on various factors. Age, skin type, even the oil itself are all common ones. We’ve broken down dilution before – you can check out that blog here to get a better idea: http://thursdayplantationcanada.ca/essential-oil-dilution-the-whys-and-whens/.
- Quality matters. Never buy essential oils based on the price. For oils to work as well as they should, they need to be of the highest quality. This means they’ve been through an established testing process to make sure they meet international standards. Also make sure that they are 100% pure – you don’t want any additives or preservatives. You can read more on this here: https://www.abundancenaturally.com/question-quality-quality-essential-oils-important/.
- Storage matters. Essential oils have a long shelf life, and the best brands will have an expiry date and use dark, amber-coloured glass bottles. That being said, you want to store them properly to make them last. Keep them in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight.
Essential oils are amazing – just be sure you’re using them correctly to get the best results!
At Thursday Plantation, we have the highest quality essential oils that make it easy to take advantage of everything these wonders have to offer. Find out more at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.
For most of us, chores are a necessary evil. Not only do we not want to see the mess of a dirty house, we also want to make sure our homes are clean for our health and the health of our families. Many of us turn to the “germ fighting power” of those off-the-shelf cleaners, the ones that fight germs with chemicals.
However, when you consider that your kids play on the floors and your pets sleep on the floors, is using something that is full of chemicals really the best idea? Maybe not.
Not only are many of these chemicals harmful for us, they’re also bad for the environment! We’re potentially harming Mother Nature as well as ourselves.
So, what’s the alternative? We’re not just going to stop washing the floors altogether – that’s not really a realistic option, we know. The answer is simple: essential oils.
Various essential oils are very effective when it comes to cleaning. Here we are thinking specifically of eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil. Both have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and disinfectant properties which make them powerful germ fighters. Together, these are as effective – if not more effective – than all those chemicals you’re already using. And, they are safe for the environment.
If you’re looking for a way to ditch the chemicals and go all-natural with your floor cleaning routine, here’s our recipe for an all-natural, heavy duty floor cleaner that works well on all types of flooring – tile, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, even ceramic.
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon castile soap
- 8 drops each of eucalyptus and tea tree oil
- ¼ cup baking soda
Mix ingredients well into a large bucket of warm water. Mop as usual. Once you’re finished, go over it again with warm, clean water to remove any residue.
As far as natural germ fighting power, eucalyptus and tea tree oil are your best bet. For floors that shine, count on them!
At Thursday Plantation, we offer the highest quality essential oils, including eucalyptus and tea tree oil. Use them for all your house cleaning needs!
Visit www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca today.
There are so many amazing ways to use essential oils at home – everything from natural acne treatments, to sleep aids, to insect repellents – but we’re sure you get tired sometimes of hearing us rant and rave about them! This week, we thought we’d let someone else get a word in.
We came across this great article from Lonny, which we thought shared some pretty great uses for essential oils – some we hadn’t even heard of! According to the article (and our personal philosophy!), essential oils “can be easily incorporated into any part of your life, from beauty to medicine to household products.”
Here are the ways the article suggests taking advantage:
- To clear out cooking smells and other interesting kitchen aromas
- To reduce aches and pains or help your body relax
- As an all-natural household cleaner
- To kill airborne bacteria that can make you and your family sick
- To spruce up an unscented candle
Find all of the recipes and how-to directions here: http://www.lonny.com/See+It+Now/articles/59XZZWcmyqi/How+Use+Essential+Oils+Home.
Whether you are looking to replace some of the medicines in your medicine cabinet, ditch some of those harsh chemical cleaners, or just help your brain relax, there are some great ways to use essential oils to do so!
For even more essential oil uses, don’t forget to check out the 100 Uses for TP section of our website at http://thursdayplantationcanada.ca/100uses/.
Looking to stock up? We’ve got you covered.
Please visit Thursday Plantation today at www.thursdayplantationcanada.ca.